Rand Fishkin, CEO and Co-Founder of SEOmoz, provide tips and marketing insights for startups. In this 10 minute video he explains why you shouldn’t sell, instead make people come to you looking to buy.
Rand also demonstrate why a blog is so effective in connecting your brand or product with the right set of audience and future customers. He touches base on the following in the video:
- The positive impact of blogging regularly.
- Look into do a lot of “viral” targeted content.
- Consider doing an industry guide for your vertical.
- Industry surveys help establish credibility.
- Graphic and illustrations usually encourage people to share.
- Weekly video series are working really in keep people engaged.
- Research, analysis and data sharing will help people share your content. It is a great way to referrals.
- SEOmoz also do a lot of site presentations and share them on SlideShare and Scribd.
- Webinars are a great tool to retain current customers as opposed to getting new customers.